Thursday, April 30, 2020

OPENING UP FOR BUSINESS....PATIENCE IS NOT STRONG IN AMERICA...April 24, 2020


Impatient, undisciplined, unthinking , anti science, 'me now' Americans. And the President is leading this rush by sending very mixed, yet often quite direct, messages of his support.

This I so hate to say but let's be true. Some of this rush to open up against best advice is supported by the recently confirmed news that the those most threatened by the virus are the minority groups that are part of us: not just the elderly but black, Hispanic and other ethnic minorities. There I said it. This is beginning to reveal our socially/politically embedded racism. Which we have thought we had outgrown. I fear not.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/states-rushing-to-reopen-are-likely-making-a-deadly-error-coronavirus-models-and-experts-warn/ar-BB133x6V?ocid=sf

How we handle the virus going forward will show so much about what we are and how we value lives of those like health care low wage workers and grocery workers and waitresses. And how we value' all kinds' of American lives. We will know the answers as we move forward on this strange journey that most of us never expected. It has come on the tail end of my life that has been one of exuberant, lavish middle class privilege. I've been a part of it. Maybe it's a truth telling journey. I wonder what good or bad changes are coming. I'm hopeful we will learn some things very important.

No comments: