Sunday, September 30, 2012

BEING GAY TODAY.... ONE MORE TIME..Hear popular Pastor Osteen..Sept. 30, 2012

For all  successful mega-preacher Joel Osteen's assuring Americans sermon after sermon they can anticipate lives of joy and peace, he now also honestly acknowledges, " I know I did  not choose to be straight. It just feels like who I am." Yet he mistakenly still tells all gay people that what they 'did not choose' makes them sinful and that they must not seek any joy and peace from that exact same kind of awareness.

When will such short sighted Bible preachers see their own inconsistency? To a gay person 'it feels like who they are' because it God-honestly ' is who they are.' That is just a fact of life no less than the color of one's eyes and skin.

And when will such inconsistent Bible preachers, lacking understanding( which he  also admits in this interview) because they deny the meaning of their own sexual experience, explain to all that: Godly and holy sexuality in this present real world  is not to be discovered by denying ones own or others' sexual orientation but through long-term committed, responsible love relationships. Relationships which potentially bring  longed for joy and peace to both gay and straight human beings? Is that not what all preachers(and all spiritually minded  persons) could want for all people?

And  the added sadness..... I doubt anyone can fully have such joy and peace while denying it to others, any more than one could be fully free while endorsing slavery.

 http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/21/joel-osteen-says-being-straight-not-a-choice-being gay-is_n_1904958.html?ncid=edlinkusaolp00000009&utm_hp_ref=fb&src=sp&comm_ref=false



In this interview Pastor Joel Osteen says three things which I think many  who oppose  gay love would in honesty say. I think in these statements, and their implications, the religious pronouncement that  gay love is always sinful  is seen as  spiritually and psychological indefensible.  And in the end may very well become cowardly for Christian teachers to cling to.
.
1. Gay persons attempting to responsibly live out their sexual orientation are sinful.
2. "I know I have not chosen to be straight, I just feel like that’s who I am."
3." I like to stick to what I understand, not what I do not understand. I like to stay in my own lane."

No comments: